Monday, November 27, 2006

image essay #10


M. C. Escher’s Reptiles is one of my most favorite pieces. The idea he took from his tied designs and the way he was able to incorporate it into a full piece of art work is astonishing. Escher basically took an idea he had and made it come to life. Every time I look at this piece I get a feeling of reality, as if I could reach out and pick up one of these reptiles.

He made the right decision in not using color. With color the piece would have less focus on the liveliness he captured without color. Escher used the by standing, bottle, book, and plant as places for your eye to roll over. The was he only used part of the paper for the tied design lets the rest contrast other objects such as the books and the geometric shape with the reptiles on it. The dark contrast also lets the original design stand out more.

I am a big fan of M. C. Escher, I believe he has some of the most unique and outlandish pieces of art I have ever seen. Besides the tied design he has numerous illusive pieces that make you stair and think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home